Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Bluffing Game: Sozin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluffing Game: Sozin Login/Join

Picture of wordmatic
posted
Here is a new word for the Bluffing Game: "Sozin."

Please send me your daffynitions via PM. I will be having foot surgery in a couple of days and may be slow to respond with results, so please understand that I have not forgotten the game. Anyone can play.

Newcomers welcome! For you, the rules: each participant makes up a fake definition and sends it to the game starter (in this case me) via a Private Message (under "Go" at the top left side of the page.) I'll collect all the fakes, mix in the actual one, list them all together in a reply on this thread, and then everybody gets to vote on which one they think is the actual one. Of course, no looking it up in the dictionary until after the game is over!

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Mine is in.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Mine as well, and good luck with your surgery!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used in a sentence:
Before I pack my clothes for summer camp, my mother sozin nametags.

Posts: 25 | Location: Wichita, KansasReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will be having foot surgery

I hope the surgeon sozin nothing he or she shouldn't! PM on its way.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, David, we have missed your limericks! Want to try one on Fulking? 'Tisn't an easy one, and Richard is eagerly accepting entries.

Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
I have daffynitions from Asa, Kalleh, Arnie and Proofreader. Not to stir anything up, but it would be so very cool if others would submit daffynitions to give this round more meaning!

Thanks for all the good wishes. The surgery went well, but the recovery is a compulsory 8 weeks "non-weight bearing," meaning I am hobbling around on either crutches or a walker--Zmmer to some of you, and spending lots of time just lying around like a useless person. So, plenty of time to seek, gather and present your manifold answers!

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, glad to hear it went well, WM. Now have fun doing nothing!

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Belated entry submitted

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of the above and Stella, who also submitted, we are ready to vote. Which one is the real meaning? Even if you did not submit one, you still may vote:

1. A ritual pledging one's life to the Emperor and often carried out by Japanese kamikazi pilots before leaving on their last flight.

2. A shampoo chair.

3. A mixture of nuts and dried fruit, similar to trail mix.

4. From its namesake Chinese village, a farmer's revolt.

5. An additive used in aerosol laundry starch.

6. A substance having an antiseptic or preservative character.

7. Lathe bit used in the tool and die trade, named for its inventor.

8. The drowsy feeling that follows a few too many wines - a combo of sozzled and dozin'.

9. An amulet worn around the neck and thought to protect against evil spirits.

Wordmatic

<Proofreader>
posted
I'll go with #3.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Number 9, please.

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I'll guess at No. 1.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
And I'll have 1 or 9 or 1 or 9 or...

OK I'll take 1.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stella
posted Hide Post
I'll take 5, thanks, and just hope it doesn't all come out in the wash.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
hmmm. I'll chance #4.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
Any more votes? Asa? Others?

Answers tomorrow!

Wordmatic

posted Hide Post
I'll take 1, also. (Even B.A.)*

* Before Arnie

Posts: 6270 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
Here we go:

1. A ritual pledging one's life to the Emperor and often carried out by Japanese kamikazi pilots before leaving on their last flight--Proofreader's rite awed Arnie, Bob and Haberdasher. (Good one, Proof!)

2. A shampoo chair--Kalleh furnished this daffy, but alas no one sat down.

3. A mixture of nuts and dried fruit, similar to trail mix--Arnie's snack, swallowed by Proof.

4. From its namesake Chinese village, a farmer's revolt--Asa's uprising carried off Bethree5.

5. An additive used in aerosol laundry starch--an extra I added, spraying Stella.

6. A substance having an antiseptic or preservative character--the actual meaning.

7. Lathe bit used in the tool and die trade, named for its inventor--Bethree5's invention failed to obtain a patent.

8. The drowsy feeling that follows a few too many wines - a combo of sozzled and dozin'--Stella's fuzzies befuddled no one.

9. An amulet worn around the neck and thought to protect against evil spirits--the second of my extras, guessed by Kalleh.

Great daffies all 'round, everyone--thanks for playing!

Wordmatic

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Hey, WM, great game. You fooled everyone! Proof also deserves kudos for bluffing 3 amazing logophiles!