Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    A Contest of Sorts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Contest of Sorts Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for phrases, names, and words with Claar replacing a portion of it. It must make sense. For example, here are some of the ones I have so far: Claars and Stripes Forever, Lewis and Claar, Claarmaggedon, The Claardy Boys, The Claartridge Family, When you wish upon a claar, Claarty McFly, Claar And Present Danger, Claarpal Tunnel Syndrome, etc. Any creative submissions on your part are both appreciated and welcome!!!!

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm looking for phrases, names, and words with Claar replacing a portion of it. It must make sense.

But your examples do not make sense.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Exactly. Why "Claar"?

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LoL made me claarf anyway
Probably too simple for the clever people of Wordclaarft

Posts: 15 | Location: New ZealandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly. Why "Claar"?

It might be that it's some piece of modern youth argot that we are unfamiliar with.

It's one of the ways in which one group tries to differentiate itself from another; I'm sure that you and I both did it back in those antediluvian days when we we young.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
I agree, we need some claarification.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sure that you and I both did it back in those antediluvian days when we were younger.

So sayeth the man from Claartridge Green.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jerry thomas,

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So sayeth the man from Claartridge Green.

Oh specs.

(That's a piece of school argot from my secondary school days of the 1950s. Nobody will know what it means unless: 1. they were at Reigate Grammar at that time or 2. they trawl this board and discover my posting of some years ago.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard English,

Richard English

Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Perhaps he thinks we're claarvoyant, and can figure it out on our own.

Or, perhaps it's just a fun thing to do! Very claarver!

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I said, I suspect it's schoolchildren's argot and now, having demonstrated, to their own clique's satisfaction, their cleverness and superiority by using expressions unknown to those outside their circle, they will fade from the scene.

You will note that neither of those who claimed familiarity with this argot has been back for some time.

Richard English