Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Bluffing Game - thirlable
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluffing Game - thirlable Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
The next Bluffing Game word is thirlable. A fellow logophile sent it to me, so I can't take credit for it. He/she isn't able to participate right now, so I am taking over that role. Send me your daffynitions via PM...and good luck (you'll need it!).

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
Just sent you mine.

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Ya got mine too - or two too

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Okay...I have 4 now. Besides Asa's and WM's, I also have arnie's and Jerry's. Keep sending 'em!

[Don't forget Paris limericks, too!]

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
I thent one...

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I've received daffynitions from Bethree, Wordmatic, Asa, Jerry, and Arnie. How about you, Bob? Or Hab? CW? Anybody else?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Now I have Bob's. I'll give this until tomorrow, and then I'll post your daffynitions, along with the true definition.

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
Now I have Bob's.

But you don't have THE Bobs!
http://www.bobs.com/

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Okay...let's see how this one ends. Here are the daffynitions y'all sent, along with the real thing:

1) Easily flustered

2) Early 20th century humorous misspelling of "thrillable" used by young adults of themselves. c/w "thirl girl", another term for "flapper"

3) Heraldic term meaning recognizable at a long distance and easily remembered. Early design elements such as bars and chevronels were categorized as “honorable ordinaries” if they were “thirlable”

4) Able to accept multiple layers of ink or passes through a press

5) That may be thirled or pierced; penetrable

6) Of game: in season; allowed to be hunted

7) A milking stool

8) Adj. capable of being thirled; to be thirled: to experience a peak experience as reported by an incompetent typist who gets no thirl from correcting "typos"

There are some interesting ones here! Because of Christmas, I will give you a few days to make your choices.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
SOunds as if it might be heraldic to me so I'll try 3.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
I'll try the hole thing ... number FIVE.

~~~~~ jerry

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Four seems plausible, although I'm often what #1 says, especially when sitting on a #7.

Soooo, my final answer is four.

Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
I'll take the milking stool--#7, please!

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
I'll bite: #6. I always wear my thirling jacket when I thoot game.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by bethree5:
I'll bite: #6. I always wear my thirling jacket when I thoot game.

Tho, thath what it ith! I thought it wath a game pwayed by men with bwoomth! Confused

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
More guesses?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
No more guesses, I see. Everyone must be celebrating!

Here goes:

1) Easily flustered - submitted by yours truly; guessed by no one Frown

2) Early 20th century humorous misspelling of "thrillable" used by young adults of themselves. c/w "thirl girl", another term for "flapper" submitted by Bob; guessed by no one

3) Heraldic term meaning recognizable at a long distance and easily remembered. Early design elements such as bars and chevronels were categorized as “honorable ordinaries” if they were “thirlable” submitted by Bethree; guessed by Bob

4) Able to accept multiple layers of ink or passes through a press submitted by Wordmatic; guessed by Asa

5) That may be thirled or pierced; penetrable the real thing; guessed correctly by Jerry

6) Of game: in season; allowed to be hunted submitted by Arnie; guessed by Bethree

7) A milking stool - submitted by Asa; guessed by Wordmatic

8) Adj. capable of being thirled; to be thirled: to experience a peak experience as reported by an incompetent typist who gets no thirl from correcting "typos" submitted by Jerry; guessed by no one

Congratulations, Jerry! Whose up next?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
How about another bluffing word? Does anyone have one?

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
OK. I've got one to try. I'll post it now.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post