Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Bluffing Game: infralapsariansism
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluffing Game: infralapsariansism Login/Join

posted
This word was given to me by a friend. Send me some daffynitions, please and thank you! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
It was pointed out to me that there might be an extra "s" in my word. He was right. My friend did spell it with an extra "s". The word is:

infralapsarianism

Sorry for not making sure the spelling was correct!

posted Hide Post
I have three, can we see four and five? Big Grin

<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
infralapsarianism

Oh, THAT infralapsarianism.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:
quote:
infralapsarianism

Oh, THAT infralapsarianism.

:P

posted Hide Post
Hab, Bethree, Kalleh, Goofy, and all others, send more daffynitions, please. I have five so far. I would like to do something different with this one. I would like you not only to try to guess the one you think is right, but to pick your favorite daffynition as far as pure enjoyment!

posted Hide Post
We've done that before, but can't keep it going. Maybe this time? Smile

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple more, keep them coming folks!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Sattva! Mine is in.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it! Last call. I will post them in a day or two.

posted Hide Post
Closed. I will be posting the entries. Give two answers.

1. Guess the right answer.
2. Choose the most creative or enjoyable entry in your opinion.

posted Hide Post
Here are the daffnitions for infralapsarianism. The last one came with a rhyme!

Choose two for your reply.
A. The one you think is the right answer.
B. Choose the most creative or enjoyable to you.
1) Sitting with the left leg crossed over the right.

2) An incision made, through laproscopy, right below the fallopian tubes.

3) The doctrine that after the Fall, God decreed the election of a chosen number for redemption and others were to suffer eternal punishment.

4) When discarded items from diverse periods of time share properties that led to their being ultimately discarded.

5) Forgetting small details.

6) Loosening of uterine support structures.

7) In string theory, the belief that infinite number of universes (the multiplex) can co-exist in space and time, even though the variety of differences may vary minutely and be hardly discernible.

8) Of such little importance that repetition would be of no benefit.

9) The process of digging under fallen buildings to search for survivors.

10) o believe that Laplander culture is inferior.

11) The philosophy that alcohol dependence (the lapse), even if vanquished, will inevitably recur (the relapse) and thereby push the victim even further down (infra-lapsus).
Ethanol, methanol,
Name-your-own-tipple,
I tried to stop drinking,
Discarded my cup

Fell off the wagon, and
Fell off again; and now,
Infralapsarian,
Couldn't get up.

posted Hide Post
It's my guess that a follower of that infamous Frenchman Jean Cauvin influenced #3, and coined the term. Jean who? Since most of his followers were English and Scottish, they couldn't bear admitting that their guru was a Frenchman, so they renamed him John Calvin.

Since 2 and 6 both reference the female genital system, I must assume that we have two gynecogists in out midst. Whether professional or amateur I know not. Confused

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
I'll take 3 as correct and 11 as most inventive, with Kalleh as my guess for author.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
A - 9
B - 11

Nope, not mine, Proof, but I wish it were. Quite inventive!

posted Hide Post
You know, the friend who gave me the word, could have given it to me with that rhyme. Big Grin Then again, maybe not. Wink Time will not.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Sounds religious to me so I'll go for 3 with 1 as the most creative.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think most of us parsed it as "below (infra-) something to do with lap- or laps-". For me, the Fall-from-Grace lapse is more likely than the the lap formed when we sit, the laparoscope with its check-out-the-pelvic-organs uses (it has others), the lapse of memory, the Lapplander, and Other (4, 7, 8, and 9). So my vote for the Realnition is also #3.

And I'll take #10 as the most imaginative; I didn't think of that Lap at all. Runner-up is #7, except I couldn't connect it with any kind of lap or lapse, in spite of my best efforts.

Posts: 6266 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I'll go for 3. since it sounds religious.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arnie:
I'll go for 3. since it sounds religious.

If you would, choose the one you found most creative or enjoyed the most, too. Thanks, Arnie!

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I go for 11 as the most creative.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are all too darn smart! Number 3 is indeed the correct answer. However, I loved the creativity in the daffynitions! I couldn’t see any reason why I couldn’t throw a few daffynitions in there, also, and so I did.

1) Arnie, stop sitting that way, except around BobHale, who thinks your answer was most creative.

2) Kalleh, Geoff wondered who the other gynecologist was besides him. Now, he knows.

3) This is the correct answer. I actually looked at several definitions of the word before I came up with this wording.

4) sattva’s gibberish

5) Geoff, I have forgotten how many syllables are in each line of a limerick. Can you help me? Wink

6) Geoff, the other gynecologist.

7) sattva. I actually wondered if anyone would fall for this utter nonsense. They didn’t, but Hab thought it came in second for creativity. Thanks, Hab!

8) Geoff, what did you mean? What did you mean? What did you mean? Would you please repeat that!

9) BobHale is out there digging for survivors. For Kalleh, Bob had the right stuff to be the correct answer.

10) Proofreader, doesn’t think highly of Laplanders, but Hab thinks highly of Proofreader’s creative daffynition!

11) Haberdasher is the clear creative winner with his rhyme. Hab you won the last limerick and now this. You are on a roll! Going to choose the next bluffing word?

posted Hide Post
PS.

THANK YOU ALL FOR SUBMITTING ENTRIES AND VOTING!!!

posted Hide Post
Me? I'm still trying to recruit entries for the current limerick, keying on SPENCER. See here, but I'll take PMs from any source Smile

But for a teaser, i might resurrect OOLLY (sometimes OOLY), from a galaxy long, long ago and far away...

Posts: 6266 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I never would have guessed #3 - love that term "realnition," Hab. Wink