Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Bluffing Game?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluffing Game? Login/Join

posted
Is there a word in play? I can't find one post Mountweazel.

Furthermore, I propose that, after all these years, we give the game a name of its own. Piffle's my sugestion.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's no word in play at the moment - would you like to suggest one? As to the name, I thought it was generally known as "Fictionary".

Posts: 292 | Location: Bath, EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
On looking at my usual first port of call on the Web in such cases, Wikipedia, it does seem that Fictionary has a strong claim. There has, however, been an online version of the game called Dixonary since 1989, originally on CompServe. It used to run in the TAPCIS forum; TapCIS was an offline reader for CompuServe forums, and I remember using it in the early 90s myself. Those were the days, my friends! Wink Cool

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
And what, may I ask, is wrong with the Bluffing Game? I like it!

I'll come up with a word and do the next game.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, Kalleh, I'll hold mine until you do yours.

As for the Dixonary variant, they have too many arcane rules to suit me.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post