Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    What computer sales speak REALLY means
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What computer sales speak REALLY means Login/Join

posted
Powerful: - won't run on my system.

New/improved - they've removed most of the things that would run on my system.

Revolutionary: - we think we've got most of the bugs out/it runs on our state of the art systems

Keenly priced: - I can't afford it.

Introductory Price - the first 100 at that price, then we'll double it.

Bargain bundle: - we can't shift these on their own (also see must have part b).

Price in large print: - excludes taxes, delivery and other charges, so add on half as much again.

More features than ever: - will you ever use them all?

Price in very large print: - look carefully at all the small print.

Best seller: - we've got the monopoly.

Must have: - a)much-hyped. b)we've ordered too many and need to get rid of them.

Easy to use: - patronising instruction manual.

For serious/professional users: - only programmers can understand the instruction manual.

New in this country: - insturcnti manula badli trsltated from a fogrni lngwg.

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
You remind me of the time back in the 1980s when I had a date with a female computer geek. The first thing she asked me was, "How big is your hard drive?" I thought that to be a bit forward, but I replied that I supposed it was about average. Then she really embarrassed me by asking how much RAM I had! "Well," I replied, "If size really matters that much to you, maybe you should look elsewhere." She then stated that it was no matter - she could fix me up with twice as much for little outlay. Good grief! Propositioned on a first date! And for a surgical procedure no less! I was trying desperately to think of an excuse for leaving when she asked, "Do you do it in Windows, or do you prefer the old-fashioned way?" I do hope she didn't catch cold walking home.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smile Smile Big Grin Smile

Posts: 6271 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post