Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Wordplay Stunt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wordplay Stunt Login/Join

posted
Try this challenge on your friends. You'll be able to beat even the most verbal, literate, verbose people you know - if they don't know the secret.

THE HUNDRED WORD CHALLENGE

"Here's a word stunt that both children and adults enjoy;
Challenge your friend to, 'say as many words as you can - that do not contain the letter 'A' - in 60 seconds.'
Time them with your watch. They will be able to recite 20, 30, at the most 40 words.
Then it's your turn. Ask them to time you, and say: "One, two. three. four, five, six....." - keep counting as fast as you can. You will surely beat them, with about 100 words.
By the way; the first number you will come to with an 'A' in it is 'ONE THOUSAND'."

=========================================================

David Fuhrer is an expert on 'talking backwards'. That is; he can instantly repeat a sentence pronouncing each word as if it was spelled in reverse.

This year I co-wrote a book with him that was published last month under the title 'Backwords'. It starts with a tutorial on learning this special skill, but then extends to trivia, games, riddles, and other wordplay. I even include a short essay on winning strategy for the game 'Hangman'.
The book includes a bonus DVD with David performing his backwards-talking skill.

We enjoyed exploring the world of wordplay while we wrote the manuscript. We're proud of the result - it's lots of fun.

It's available on a certain book sale website named after a large Mythological female warrior.

- Marvin Silbermintz

Picture of TrossL
posted Hide Post
Thus ends the commercial portion of our program.... we now return you to your regularly scheduled forums...

(I am going to try the 100 word challenge thing on my husband though...)

Posts: 784 | Location: Atlanta, GAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Double posted? I bet he never posts again.

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
Double posted? I bet he never posts again.

Tonight Show writer

Reply With QuoteReport This Post