Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Foreign Words    International Insults
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

International Insults Login/Join

Picture of bethree5
posted
I remember hearing Kipling's Jungle Stories as a grade-schooler & being struck by the colorful insults ('warty toad of a mud-puddle' [epithet directed at stubborn elephant] comes to mind). Here is a nice bunch published recently in Salon. (Spoiler alert: some of these are really gross)

Posts: 2049 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they left out common Spanish ones. There was even a movie using one: "¡Y to mama tambien!" And you're a Spanish teacher, so you must know a bunch of them.

Posts: 4440 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, that Yiddish insult is lame - and Yiddish is great at insults! Here are some.

Posts: 23298 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, that Yiddish insult is lame - and Yiddish is great at insults! Here are some.

I always thought alter cocker related to a sex change.

I didn't see any insults from my forebears, the Norsemen, so I found this. My great-great-great-grandfather Sven the Yellow was an indomitable Viking. Years of battle wounds to head caused him in his later years to attempt to pape and rillage, which was not the accepted style. He met his fate when he sat on a battleaxe in trying to remove a pesky hemmorrhoid, which in every respect is a bad end.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Proofreader,

Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day; give a man a fishing pole and he will find an excuse to never work again.
Nollidj is power.

Posts: 5999 | Location: Rhode IslandReply With QuoteReport This Post