Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Definition of "fetal"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Definition of "fetal" Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
We are having quite the debate in Chicago . Our mayor has said that recent accusations, across the nation, of police brutality has made the Chicago police to become ‘fetal’ and not risk engagements with the public that could become viral video sensations. Here's the quote
quote:
"We have allowed our Police Department to get fetal, and it is having a direct consequence. They have pulled back from the ability to interdict … they don't want to be a news story themselves, they don't want their career ended early, and it's having an impact," Emanuel said, according to the Washington Post.

Some have said that "fetal" is not used correctly, though others have said it is used correctly. Thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalleh,

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems OK to me.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
WHereas it seems so odd to me that I can't even work out what the metaphorical meaning might be.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I assume it means curled up like a foetus, hence not reacting to things. It sounds very odd to me.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Ia can't recall the exact wording but during a recent episode of Judge Judy, a plaintiff said the defendandant was found in a fecal position, which induced great laughter from the audience.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post