Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Parse that!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parse that! Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
Had to share this quote from one of the competitors on The Apprentice.

"I wouldn't necessarilly like to sterotype the fact that everyone was within the right place they should be. I like to think that sometimes you can take a generic form of audience and try and cater for that but if we add an element of maybe the females being within the team they can give an outsider's view looking in which could prove to have been quite beneficial to us really."

OK. Work that out if you can!

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Wow. It sure doesn't make sense to me - but I think it is a very misogynist comment saying that the normal team doesn't have women, but adding them may provide some benefits? The first sentence is confusing, though, because I don't see how it fits with the next part. We stereotype that people are in their right place (Roles? Gender? What?)

So I am flummoxed. What do you think?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
This particular contestant was constantly saying things that made no sense. He didn't seem an especially misgenistic guy so he probably didn't mean that but his words are in such a tangle that it's pretty much impossible to actually know what he did mean.

Among his other gems (all quoted here with translations supplied by The Apprentice:You're Fired) were...

I haven't got any experience inasmuch as I am a fully qualified certified catering assistant. (Meaning... I'm not a chef.)

I'm not necessarilly completely one hundred per cent French orientated. (I'm not French.)

I can honestly tell you that I genuinely categorically did not stipulate with any other specification than that recipe and the way it was meant to be put together. (I followed the recipe.)

It's based on potentially simple formulas which already exist. The lights react to the sensory aspects of all cats. (Your cat will like this.)

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I love the recipe one..."I genuinely categorically did not stipulate with any other specification..." ??? For real?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of Cantinflas.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Porque?

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post