Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Bill Clinton's Crossword
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Clinton's Crossword Login/Join

Picture of wordmatic
posted
For those of you who enjoy crosswords (and who among us does not) here's the New York Times crossword for which former President Bill Clinton wrote the clues. It's online at The New York Times Magazine

I haven't worked it yet, but it appears to be a Wednesday or Thursday-level of difficulty.

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
I do not enjoy crosswords. Most of the words spoken to me are cross words.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link, WM. How do you know it was BC who wrote it?

I like how they have a one-page printable version of the puzzle/questions. Very nice format, although very small print.

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Just looked at that crossword CW. BC's name is right there at the top of the page.Immediately under "Twistin' the Oldies".

- Eagle-Eyed Bob Smile

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
Ah, sorry, CW, just saw your question. My husband sent me a link to a story about Clinton's puzzle. He "only" wrote the clues. Somebody else constructed the puzzle. I love crosswords, though I am not the fastest pen in the east. I may have to subscribe to the online puzzle service!

I've solved the puzzle and pretty sure I got them all (googling for some of the tougher ones) but the puzzle says the answers will be posted this weekend, and I can't find them. Oh well!

My favorite boomer update of an old hit song was "You're so veiny."

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those who have even a casual interest in Crossword puzzles, I recommend this book.
Crossworld: One Man's Journey into America's Crossword Obsession

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
quote:
right there at the top of the page

LOL - for a Librarian, I'm not always the best reader, eh?

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post