Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    No First Ammendment in New Jersey?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No First Ammendment in New Jersey? Login/Join

posted
While not a word post, this does directly relate to freedom of speech/expression as granted in the US Constitution. http://www.nj.com/news/local/i...pture_in_rahway.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Geoff,

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
My first thought on reading the story yesterday in our local paper, with pictures, was 'what right did the police have asking the sculptor to cover it up'? It's a copy of a world-famous statue and it's on private property. I'm sure there are many such naked actual statues in locations throughout the city, except the sites are probably occupied by more affluent and influential individuals.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
After reading the earlier story, I can across this one which shows how even judges (who should know better) can violate Free Speech rights.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oy, Geoff. That is really amazing. For heaven's sake, it's a snowwoman (not sure that's even a word!).

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post