Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Edjukation in Pahliticks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edjukation in Pahliticks Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
The Secretary of State's office sent a flier explaining what is required to vote under the new Voter ID law for Rhode Island.

In one section it said, "Voter ID will be fazed in over two election cycles...."

Edjackation will take longer.

Steve Allen, of TV fame, once wrote a book titled "Dumbth, {with a longer following line after the title)", about human stupidity. His office was not too happy to learn that the full title appeared at least three diffierent ways on the front cover, the inside jacket, the title page and the copyright page. They promised to fix it on succeeding printings.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Proofreader>,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve Allen was a favorite of mine! A self-taught near genius who never got the credit he should have, two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame notwithstqanding. He died shortly after Michael Jackson did. Jackson got write-ups world-wide; Allen got two lines on the obit page. There is no justice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Geoff,

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Here's a list of some stars on the Walk. Read the intro (click "more) for the entire comment. It seems that a $30K "donation" is required should you be accepted for a star. There is another Walk of Fame nearby on private property that also accepts large "donations" so you can claim you've been so honored.

There are two stars for Michael Jackson. When he died, fans placed flowers and other items on the one on Vine Street. Unfortunately, that wasn't his star. That one belongs to a radio personality with the same name.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Edjackation will take longer.
It kinda reminds me of
quote:
Knowlage is power.
Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Steve Allen's book title appears to have been fixed now: Dumbth: the lost art of thinking : with 101 ways to reason better & improve your mind.

He's not known over here in the UK.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
That link doesn't show the offending pages. For all I know they still have variant titlings.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's not known over here in the UK.

Some liked him; some didn't. I never saw the intrigue with him, though my hubs liked him a lot.

I did like this book by him.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post