Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Poetry Contest
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poetry Contest Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
We all like a good game on WC. Nicholas Kristof of the NY Times has a good contest going on until October 8th - a poem about Donald you-know-who. It can't be longer than 22 lines, and of course they won't publish profanities. It can rhyme or not and can be in any form, such as limericks, Haikus, etc. You can enter up to 3. The Poetry Society of America (located here in Chicago!) will review them and select finalists.

I am excited! I think I'll enter a limerick and maybe a double dactyl. How about our having our own contest, and you can submit them or not, as you see fit? We'll keep it open until October 8th, too. How's about it???

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I had written this August of 2016, when I was young and innocent and in no way thought Donald would be elected:

Higgledy Piggledy
Trump for the President
Really's astounding and
Quite a good dare!

Neoconservative:
"Get rid of immigrants;"
"Say what you want to;" but
Don't mention hair!

I can't enter it because it he was still a candidate and it wouldn't make sense. However, I think I'll write a DD.

Any other takers in this contest?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post