Wordcraft Community Home Page
descriptions of people

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/741603894/m/3600025986

January 01, 2018, 20:02
Kalleh
descriptions of people
I think it is really hard when you're asked to describe someone - partly because I wonder what they'd say about me. I hope it isn't this:

My son has a new girlfriend. I haven't met her, but I asked my daughter (who had) if she is cute. She said, "Well, I'd not call her cute. However, she is not unattractive." Hmmm - that seemed like a weird answer. So then I asked my son-in-law, and he said, "She is fine." Fine? Not unattractive? Don't you wonder now what she looks like?
January 01, 2018, 20:27
sattva
Pretty? Striking? Polished? Warm? Aloof? What color is her hair? Her eyes? Is her nose small, straight, stately, or large? Is she a fashion plate? Does she dress for comfort? Does her eyes shine? Is her smile engaging? Does she smile often. So much of what is attractive and isn't is a sum of such questions and their answers. Some people that one wouldn't classify as classically attractive have such personality and presence that they are.
January 02, 2018, 06:58
Geoff
Quite so, Sattva. I've known beautiful people who were not physically appealing.
January 08, 2018, 20:16
Kalleh
Nice descriptions, Sattva. I still haven't met her, but when I do, I bet something you've suggested will work.