Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    descriptions of people
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

descriptions of people Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I think it is really hard when you're asked to describe someone - partly because I wonder what they'd say about me. I hope it isn't this:

My son has a new girlfriend. I haven't met her, but I asked my daughter (who had) if she is cute. She said, "Well, I'd not call her cute. However, she is not unattractive." Hmmm - that seemed like a weird answer. So then I asked my son-in-law, and he said, "She is fine." Fine? Not unattractive? Don't you wonder now what she looks like?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty? Striking? Polished? Warm? Aloof? What color is her hair? Her eyes? Is her nose small, straight, stately, or large? Is she a fashion plate? Does she dress for comfort? Does her eyes shine? Is her smile engaging? Does she smile often. So much of what is attractive and isn't is a sum of such questions and their answers. Some people that one wouldn't classify as classically attractive have such personality and presence that they are.

posted Hide Post
Quite so, Sattva. I've known beautiful people who were not physically appealing.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Nice descriptions, Sattva. I still haven't met her, but when I do, I bet something you've suggested will work.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post