Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Heard on TV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heard on TV Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
This week being half term I've seen some daytime television. Today I heard Ainsley Harriott (a celebrity TV chef) asking one of his guests

"So you speak four or five languages - you must be very bilingual."

And then of course there was last nights TV documentary about Carol Caplin(*) where, among her other vacuous babbling was to be heard her comment on the newspaper stories about her

"What an incredulous waste of time."

It's so nice to see that standards aren't slipping.

* Just in case the news of minor self publicists like Carol Caplin doesn't cross the Atlantic she's the girlfriend of convicted Australian con-man Peter Foster and also a close friend and "style guru" of Cherie Blair (wife of our beloved Prime Minister).
There was a minor scandle a while back about Peter Foster's association with the Blairs in the purchase of some flats. There were rumours (which were denied) that Cherie was trying to assist him in avoiding deportation to Australia where he is once again wanted for fraud. He fled to Ireland and found himself promptly deported to Australia anyway.

Carol Caplin came over on the documentary as an entirely vacuous new-age bimbo forever wandering apart her minimalist apartment in a nightdress and wittering on about energy levels, albeit with a minor talent for self promotion.

Vescere bracis meis.

Read all about my travels around the world here.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
Here at home in Hawaii I never watch TV, but while travelling in Mainland USA I sometimes have been saturated with it.

During my last Mainland trip I happened to be watching a Quiz Show.

Quoth the Quizmaster to the teen-age contestant, "Shakespeare wrote a play named The Tempest. What is a tempest?"

She thought for a second, then brightly said, "A tempest is ...... like ....... a Buddhist monk?"

~~~ jerry

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post