Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Movie Lines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie Lines Login/Join

Picture of Caterwauller
posted
We all watch movies, and we tend to quote those "big money" lines that make the whole theater laugh (or at least those lines that make both of us on the couch laugh). My hubby and I were just talking about something silly and said "Indoor plumbing, it's gonna be big" from Disney's _Hercules_.

Another favorite of ours is from _The Muppets in Outer Space_ (strangely enough) "Thanks for the Cosmic Knowledge" (don't ask when we use it, or I'll be starting another "blue" thread).

What one-liners do you use regularly from movies?

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Shrek, "I have to save my ass."

Also from Shrek, "Let's do that again."

From Independence Day: "Now that's what I call a close enounter!"

From The American President: "Do you do this all the time." And "I kissed him and then he went and bombed another country."

And finally from Shrek, "There's a reason donkeys don't talk."

Posts: 915 | Location: IowaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jheem
posted Hide Post
From Godard's Le Week-end: "I am here to inform these modern times of the grammatical era's end and the beginning of flamboyance, especially in cinema."

From Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odessey: "I've just picked up a fault in the AE35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours."

From Fosse's All That Jazz: "It's show time, folks."

From Makavejev's W.R.—Misterije organizma: "Gentlemen, in our Democracy, everyone is entitled to a doughnut. Some get the doughnut, others get the hole in the doughnut."

And finally from Godard's Masculin, féminin: 15 faits précis: "Kill a man, and you're a murderer. Kill thousands, and you're a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you're a god."

Posts: 1218 | Location: CaliforniaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
From _Broken Arrow_

"Please stop shooting at the thermonuclear warhead."

~Dalai Lama

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
And finally from Godard's Masculin, féminin: 15 faits précis: "Kill a man, and you're a murderer. Kill thousands, and you're a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you're a god."

I love it, jheem! Big Grin

I don't know if there are any "I Love Lucy" fans here, but my family has always loved it, and many of those lines come up at family reunions. We laugh hysterically when someone says one of the lines at an appropriate time, but they probably won't sound funny here.

Remember when Lucy got the Loving Cup stuck on her head, and the policeman came up to her and said, "Madame, do you need a policeman?" Lucy said, "If there's anything I don't need, it's a policeman!" We often say that when we see a policeman. There are many other examples! Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Two of my favorites are:

"There's no crying in baseball!" - "League of Their Own."

"Build it, and they will come!" - "Field of Dreams."

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like:

[The crowd speaks as one] "Yes, we are all individuals."
[One guy pipes up] "I'm not!"

from Monty Python's Life of Brian. Very clever: makes you think, laugh and appreciate the wordplay all at the same time!

And while I'm on the Python theme (can't remeber the exact wording), during the 'trial' of a suspected witch in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

"She turned me into a newt!" [all eyes turn to the obviously not-newt]
"I got better..."

Posts: 669 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Ah yes! We quote the Python group all the time! I've even been known to adopt a silly walk now and then. . . .

I will add, for your amusement:

"I'm a little black woman in a big silver box!" Whoopie Goldberg in _Jumpin Jack Flash_ which goes along with hubby, saying of me (generally when I'm singing the blues) "You're a big black woman in a little white body."

and from comics as well as _Spiderman_ the movie "With great power comes great responsibility."

~Dalai Lama

Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Again from Monty Python (in an outrageous French accent):
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of eldeberries.

~Dalai Lama