Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Book Character Stamps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book Character Stamps Login/Join

Picture of Caterwauller
posted
Very cool! I'm behind the times, apparently, but the US Postal Service and the UK Royal Mail both released new stamps this year featuring characters from children's books!

The US stamps have The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Wilber (from Charlotte's Web, Fox in Socks, Maisy, one of the Wild Things, Curious George, Olivia and Frederick (one of Leo Lioni's mice). The UK stamps feature Paddington, the Enormous Crocodile (Roald Dahl/Quentin Blake), Jeremy Fisher, Kipper, Boots (Kitamura) and the White Rabbit.

They are wonderful! I am getting a few sets of the US stamps and framing one of them for my office . . . if anyone in the UK would oblige, I would gladly reimburse you for getting me a set of yours for my office, too. I'm not really a philatelist, but I do like these stamps. It's also cool that the US and the UK apparently worked together on the issuance of these stamps, don't you think?

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, I can't wait to buy some!

I love watching my children become young adults, but I very much miss reading to them and searching for good books. I read to them until they were practically teens!

After looking at your links, can't we buy Paddington? Those, along with Winnie the Pooh, were absolutely some of my favorite books.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
quote:
one of the Wild Things

The stamp just says, "Wild Thing." I saw them just yesterday. They've also got some Disney stamps, if anybody cares about Snow Dwarf and the Seven Whites. Since the Michael Eisner reign, they've added an additional dwarf: Sleazy.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post