Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Not word related but...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not word related but... Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
... i was just so happy at this I wanted to share it even with those who don't use facebook.

I know that as teachers we shouldn't have favourite classes but if we're honest we all do. My favourite this year is my class 12 on Friday morning. They aren't the best class but they are the most fun and most enthusiastic. Whatever task I set them they throw themselves into it with an air of joy. This morning provided a great example of why I like them so much. Last week's lesson was about different foods from different countries. It went really well. Today I got into the classroom and had all the groups give me hand made menus for imaginary restaurants complete with hand-drawn coloured pictures, prices, the words in Chinese and English. It was great. Keep in mind that this wasn't anything I set as homework, just something the whole class had decided to do as a surprise for me.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yes, I saw your post on Facebook. I agree; those were always my favorite student groups as well. The menus idea was very creative.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post