Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    What not to tell your editor...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What not to tell your editor... Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Today was election day in Illinois. The Chicago Tribune published a lighthearted article about what candidates should not say to the editorial board when being queried for the purpose of endorsements. Here are a couple, and these all really happened:

1) This is what State Rep. Annazette Collins submitted to the Tribune, hoping to get their endorsement, indicating that she represented "the 10th Districk:" "Each representative need to here input into the process." Later, boasting of her effectiveness, "The most important bill that I sponsored and it past is..." Collins won because she was unchallenged.

2) One candidate said when asked "How can the state address its long-standing culture of corruption?" Answer: "Stopit."

3) Another candidate when asked about the issues said, "I'm too busy campaigning to research those issues."

Oy vey!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Was Ms Collins representing a district wherein Ebonics prevails? If so, maybe she should be cut some slack. If not, then OY VEY indeed! Hmmmm, how do you say that in Ebonics? Eek

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I am not sure, Asa, but I wouldn't be surprised. Still, she was trying to get support from the Chicago Tribune.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
quote:
If not, then OY VEY indeed! Hmmmm, how do you say that in Ebonics?

I think it would be "Fuck dat!"

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post