Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Olympic Scores
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Olympic Scores Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
We are watching the Olympics, and I have an app that updates the sports; it includes all the countries and their medals. Interestingly, they only count gold medals when ranking the countries. For example, if the Americans have 2 golds but 11 medals altogether, the Australians could lead them with 3 golds and 5 medals altogether. Shu and I think there should be a better way. Any ideas?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
The obvious way. Award 3 points for a gold, 2 for a silver and 1 for a bronze and then rank according to total score. Of course I know nothing about sport, haven't seen a single minute of the Olympics and am basing that solely on mathematics.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yes, that would work too. I think total medals is better. Michael Phelps just won 2 medals! Yay!!!

I do feel a bit sorry for women's basketball because the U.S. team is so clearly better. I take it women's basketball is not as popular in other countries.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post