Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Wife trouble
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wife trouble Login/Join

posted
Hello folks. Hope you are all well.
My wife threw out all of my photographs and a Pentax camera when we moved house some years ago. Useless woman decided that because they were in a black bin liner, she'd send them off to the tip. I remember posting a picture of me (as a youth with permed hair) on a motorcycle on here years ago. I've had a look but I can't find it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to track it down?

Posts: 73 | Location: Morpeth, EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeez! I go away for four years and when I come back this is a one post a day forum. What happened?

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Can't speak for the others but what happened to me was that I moved to live in China.

Good to see you again and your post has prompted me to go back and look at a lot of old posts. Thanks for that. There are far fewer regularly active members of the board nowadays but we few, we happy few, we band of brothers... well, we carry on irregardless. (sic)

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
And Kalleh and shu are in South Korea at the moment.

posted Hide Post
Hello Bob. Thanks for the reply.
Perhaps the growth of Facebook is to blame.
I know it's a bit rough in Birmingham but you didn't have to go as far as China to get away!
Are you there indefinitely or on a contract?
Must be interesting.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Just renewed my annual contract for a fifth year. Nothing much in the UK is tempting me to return right now. And lots of things (including a Chinese girlfriend) are tempting me to stay.

posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are happier out there Bob. Good luck to you.
I've been reading some of your "current blog" and found it to be entertaining.
I particularly liked the list of observations about driving in China.
Someone on a closed group Morpeth Facebook page has been whinging about the standard of driving in the town.
Would you mind if I copied and pasted your list there (with credit of course) so that they can gain some perspective?

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Sure if you like.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeez! I go away for four years and when I come back this is a one post a day forum. What happened?
Shoot! I missed this post, being in South Korea and all. That was the day we left.

We've missed you, FatStan! Let me look through out photos to see if it's still there. I do remember it, and it should be.

Bob, I can't believe it has been 5 years!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
arnie, I just looked through most of our pictures and couldn't find FatStan's. Do you remember when he posted that photo on his motorcycle? Any idea of where it might be?

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I missed this one earlier. I vaguely remember the pic, but, like Kalleh, I can't find it through a search or by looking through the forum index. I searched on my own name and the search worked OK, so it doesn't seem to be the software.

I'm afraid I've no idea what might have happened to it.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Kalleh and Arnie. I was thinking that it may have been posted on the MSN? site.
Anyway it was worth a shot!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Arnie, did we have another site at one time for photos? Now that FatStan says that, I think we did. Was it maybe on our Wiki?

BTW, I think I'd be a bit peeved if my husband threw out my pictures and Pentax camera.

However, I once threw out some film that was in my husband's mother's Lieca camera (years after she died). What was I thinking?! There could have been some wonderful family pictures in it. She was a great photographer. Oh well.