Wordcraft Community Home Page
T. Rump now officially has a staff clown

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/741603894/m/7970097786

July 30, 2017, 17:39
Geoff
T. Rump now officially has a staff clown
Per Wilipedia: Anthony Scaramucci was named White House communications director in July, 2017; this prompted an 8,185% increase in searches for "Scaramouch" according to Merriam-Webster. [5]
July 30, 2017, 18:29
<Proofreader>
quote:
this prompted an 8,185% increase in searches for "Scaramouch" according to Merriam-Webster. [5]

Shouldn't it be for "Scaramouche"?
July 31, 2017, 15:07
bethree5
I was delighted to discover that "Scaramuccia, also known as Scaramouche or Scaramouch, is a stock clown character of the Italian commedia dell'arte," as "clown car" is such an apt metaphor for the current admin & its constantly-changing personnel. I also learned that the surname Scaramucci means 'little skirmisher', which surely fits the short-lived Chief of Staff, judging from his opening [& closing!] sallies threatening to fire all the staff & his blue characterizations of political opponents. But 'Scaramouche' seems even closer, as the clown represents "a boastful but cowardly character"-- a perfect communications spinner/ stand-in for Trump.
July 31, 2017, 16:01
<Proofreader>
Then there's this.

He was fired today and, given his length of service, people are saying they will be taking a scaramuchee- long vacation.The official measurement is "one scaramuc."
July 31, 2017, 17:42
Geoff
This will no doubt be over T. Rump's head, but I hope one of the late night comedy shows picks up on it.