Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    T. Rump now officially has a staff clown
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

T. Rump now officially has a staff clown Login/Join

posted
Per Wilipedia: Anthony Scaramucci was named White House communications director in July, 2017; this prompted an 8,185% increase in searches for "Scaramouch" according to Merriam-Webster. [5]

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
this prompted an 8,185% increase in searches for "Scaramouch" according to Merriam-Webster. [5]

Shouldn't it be for "Scaramouche"?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
I was delighted to discover that "Scaramuccia, also known as Scaramouche or Scaramouch, is a stock clown character of the Italian commedia dell'arte," as "clown car" is such an apt metaphor for the current admin & its constantly-changing personnel. I also learned that the surname Scaramucci means 'little skirmisher', which surely fits the short-lived Chief of Staff, judging from his opening [& closing!] sallies threatening to fire all the staff & his blue characterizations of political opponents. But 'Scaramouche' seems even closer, as the clown represents "a boastful but cowardly character"-- a perfect communications spinner/ stand-in for Trump.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Then there's this.

He was fired today and, given his length of service, people are saying they will be taking a scaramuchee- long vacation.The official measurement is "one scaramuc."

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This will no doubt be over T. Rump's head, but I hope one of the late night comedy shows picks up on it.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post