Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Backless bra breakthrough?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backless bra breakthrough? Login/Join

Picture of arnie
posted
I noticed an advert today for what was claimed to be a new type of backless bra. The name of the bra is BREAKTHROUGH™.

I can't claim to be any sort of expert on this subject, but surely a breakthrough is what bra-wearers want to avoid? Wink

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the particulars, I think "fallout" might be more of a concern. <G>

Linda

Posts: 11 | Location: Leawood KSReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, arnie, that's funny, and you are so right. Sometimes I don't think people think about what they are writing.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
I mentioned this some years ago, but it fits here:
An Australian company sold sunscreen here under the brand, "Nad's." Since so few Americans know what an apostrophe is, the normal response was to think they were selling gonads, since "nads" is a common slang term for them. I suppose one could put sunscreen there - but why? Confused

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suppose one could put sunscreen there - but why?

I suppose nudists need sunscreen for their nads.

I would bet that the marketers of the bra think that the "breakthrough" name is clever since it will allow women to "break through" the back of their dresses. But it does bring up odd visions.

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post