Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Granny? Login/Join

posted
My darling granddaughter is starting to form words now. She is 15 months old, and I don't know what she should call me!

Grandma? Granny? Nanna...ewwwwwwww...not me!

Sugestions folks?

(Oh, and let's not forget grandpa in here!)

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
... just let it flow.

Morgan, you asked for "sugestions."

When my sister's son was beginning to speak, he was told to call our mother "Grandma." He did that, but he pronounced it "Bee-bah," and from that moment on, for the rest of her life, she was known as Bee-bah.

My suggestion is that you let the child decide.

~~~ jerry

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
My grandfather never let us call him "Grandpa" because he thought he was too young to be one. So--we called him "Ed" all our lives.

I am not sure, Morgan, but even though I absolutely hate the thought of being old, I think I would want my grandchildren to call me "Grandma" or "Grandmother".

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That little dickens has learned how to literally call me now! She has figured out her mother's telephone and knows which button on the speed dial to get grandma on the phone. Big Grin

Today I answered the phone and heard her giggling on the other end. I said hi to her and she replied with something, I just don't know what it was! Frown My daughter spotted her and grabbed the phone and was relieved to find she had just called me again, and not China!

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post