Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Gays Ruin It For Everyone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gays Ruin It For Everyone Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
A teacher in Utah has been fired for... well, you read the story.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous, but from what I know about Utah, it makes perfect sense. Talk about ignorance!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Language Log's take on the story. The comments are particularly amusing.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that an honest employer would have, once learning the word's actual meaning, not dissembled. It appears to me that the boss thought his employee was serving linguistic haute cuisine to those he wanted to be fed pabulum. But he is no doubt safe, since he is probably a bishop in the Utah church. Now what would he say about his bishopric?

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I would certainly want to remove my child from any school where the head had to look up "homophone".

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Trawling, or maybe trolling, around the internet for sites, or possibly sights, on this story, or perhaps storey, I noticed something very interesting about the comments. They fall into two groups. Half are supportive of the teacher, often in a humourous way and the other half suggest that he is a trouble making liar, closet homosexual and probable child molester. What I found interesting is that, the occasional very isolated comment aside, any given site will only have one of these sets represented. I also found it interesting that the supporters of the sacked teacher tend to express themselves with humour and good manners while those against him most often resort to bile and hatred - and badly written bile and hatred at that.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post