Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Vocabulary Forum    Glurges, Savior Siblings, etc.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glurges, Savior Siblings, etc. Login/Join

Picture of wordmatic
posted
Today's Worldwide Words has an article on the phenomenon of the "savior sibling," with a link to this article:

http://www.worldwidewords.org/turnsofphrase/tp-sav1.htm

...in which we read that embryonic screening not permitted at the time in the UK was done instead in Chicago!

I love the word "Glurge," which leads the newsletter today. If I could take all of the people who send me glurges and put them in a single room together, they could nauseate each other to death, and I wouldn't have to hear from them anymore.

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Wordmatic, I hadn't heard of glurge before. What a marvelous word! I especially liked Snope's comment on the "urge to glurge." I enjoyed this Glurge Gallery. Some of them are sickeningly sweet!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
I'm a very naughty person. I never forward a glurge unless I have time to edit out any sweet/ religious/ otherwise obnoxious parts first.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post