Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WoBoGro    My Mother's Brisket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Mother's Brisket Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
This isn't a book, but this album was highlighted in the NYT. There are three samples from it on that link, and it's pretty funny.
quote:
There’s a song called “Live Blogging the Himmel Family Bris.” I kind of went for it here in terms of — it was really fun to be explaining ritual circumcision in Nashville — a lot of brises are done in hospitals, but many are done in people’s homes, and there’s a lot of food, and a lot of leftovers. It just felt like a good setting to do a very up-tempo, almost klezmer-sounding song. And this whole blogging stuff has been bugging me for years. Talk about no filter on things. People feel free to do and say whatever they want with no vetting, with no editing, with nothing. And I thought, I’m going to put these two ideas together and explore something.

Posts: 23290 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post