Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WoBoGro    Holiday books?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holiday books? Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I always buy books for my family and friends for the holidays. Any ideas about some really great books?

Posts: 23290 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7861 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Chaos Theory has me intrigued...

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
It's just a book of poems... that being the title of one of the poems in it.

Posts: 7861 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Another WWII fiction, which I always like (nonfiction WWII books too), but I am enjoying Ayelet Waldman's "Love & Treasure."

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Kalleh, I just bought Pulitzer-prize-winning "All the Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr, as one of my book-presents for the family. The setting is WWII. The ladies who run my town book store fell all over each other telling me anyone & everyone loves this book!

Posts: 2049 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, my gosh! I am buying it then. Can't wait. I might buy one for my daughter, too.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We had our Hanukkah party tonight, and my daughter gave the Doerr book to her father. I can't wait for him to finish it! Wink

She gave me "The Nightingale" by Kristin Hannah.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 2049 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Solstice. That's the holiday that makes sense! The sun't coming back!

Not a holiday book, but I just finished Wendell Berry's "Jaber Crow." A five course meal from a five star restaurant of a read.

Posts: 4432 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Speaking of solstice, today was the shortest day of the year. That means the days are starting to get longer. Yay!

posted Hide Post
Uh, yeah - that's why the solstice celebration makes sense. Wink

Posts: 4432 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post