Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spot on Login/Join

Picture of Hic et ubique
posted
When someone asked an etymological question, I of course had to provide the answer.

The question was, "Why do we call it a G-spot? The answer is that it was originally Gräfenberg spot, from Gräfenberg and Dickinson, who first described it in 1944. That is from Compact OED, which defines the term as "a sensitive area of the anterior wall of the vagina believed by some to be highly erogenous."

This raises two questions:
  • "Believed by some to be"? Perhaps you ladies could comment? This could be far more fascinating than our discussion of retromingency, and of great pub(l)ic service as well.
  • The questioner also mentioned the A-spot, C-spot and U-spot. Has anyone ever heard of these?

Picture of TrossL
posted Hide Post
I had never believed in this supposed G-spot. After looking for it for years on my own and with the help of several intrepid explorers, I gave it up as just another wonderful mythical thing... like the Loch Ness monster...
However---
I recently discovered that it is indeed a real and true place and oh my goodness (!) wow... that was all I could say for about 10 minutes... wow...

Posts: 784 | Location: Atlanta, GAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris J. Strolin
posted Hide Post
Ah! So that's why you've stopped writing limericks....

Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Wow, indeed! Welcome to the sisterhood, TrossL!

Hic, would you please enlighten us on the topic of the other spots? Are there an entire 26, one for each letter, hidden about?

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hic, would you please enlighten us on the topic of the other spots? Are there an entire 26, one for each letter, hidden about?

The Chinese have several thousand.

Posts: 1242 | Location: San FranciscoReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The Chinese have several thousand.

All to do with erogenous zones?

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
quote:
wow... that was all I could say for about 10 minutes... wow...

Is that why you've not posted anything here for the past four months Roll Eyes

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hic et ubique
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caterwauller: Hic, would you please enlighten us on the topic of the other spots? Are there an entire 26, one for each letter, hidden about?
Only the A, C and U were mentioned by the questioner, and all were news to me. (I hasten to more precisely say that all those terms were news to me.)

A bit of research reveals that they seem to have been named by Desmond Morris (he of The Naked Ape) in a recent book. I do not feel qualified to research this further on line, but I will research more deeply in other venues.

posted Hide Post
I read about the C-spot in a trashy magazine a few years ago and I vaguely remember it was described as being somewhere near the cervix. Now that is deep...

Posts: 266 | Location: GreeceReply With QuoteReport This Post