Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    Of Merriam-Webster, Tweets, & covfefe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Of Merriam-Webster, Tweets, & covfefe Login/Join

Picture of bethree5
posted
Here is an article describing M-W's participation in Twitter traffic about word-meanings & usage. Though the traffic was already lively among those following the political scene, it has picked up steam in the Trump era.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
. "About a year and a half ago, our editor of digital publishing, Lisa Schneider, she basically said — she’d been working for the company for a while, and she said,..."

Huh? They've been infected with Trump-speak!

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I am fairly active on Twitter (all political) and I read about their popularity there, Bethree. I then began to follow them, and the discussions are fascinating (as long as you are anti-Donald). After Donald's big tweet about "vindication," that word was the most looked up word for a few days. Funny!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Someone recently said people involved with language (especially those collecting terms) are wordherders, analagous to sheepherders.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Sad to say I am twitter-challenged. But, I AM anti-Trump Wink
Both subjects just came up in one of my siblings' punny email round-robins:
Bro 1 "Isn't Ivanka technically a Trumpet?'
Me 'She's a strumpet.'
Bro 2 'Dad thinks she's Tweet.'
Me "When he tweet-talks her, she says 'Ivanka be alone.'"

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Funny! Big Grin

These are challenging days, aren't they?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
How would a five hundred pound canary communicate?

It TWEETSSSSSS!!!

And though the bird flu is dangerous, it is tweetable.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but chirpes is forever.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post