Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Time Movement Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Is Garrison Keillor putting me on with this article?
quote:
If you wake up in the morning with the blues because people treat you mean, you could sing a song about it, or you could shop around for an enormous conspiracy that has denied you your constitutional right to liberty and happiness — and how about the Central Standard time zone? What gives the feds the right to set your clock for you? It’s tyranny.

So you join the Free Time movement. You go to meetings. You tune in “The Bob Glenn Show” every day on Fox for your marching orders and set your clock as you darn well please and feel liberated from lockstep uniformity.
I am pretty gullible. I read the article and really thought there was some sort of a free time movement. Then I tried to find something about it online, but couldn't. I guess he was just making it up. It's funny anyway. Big Grin

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
Garrison Keillor

Are you putting me on? Keillor is a humorist.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
That is one of the funniest repudiations of the Tea Baggers I've seen.
Unless it's all true.
Now that I think of it, why does the government want us all to use THEIR time? I should be able, under the Constitution, to set my watch to any time I want. It's my watch and I can do what I want with it.
Those stinking politicians have their avaricious little fingers into everything now.
Bob Glenn is right. FREE TIME NOW!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I doubt very much if it's still there but many years ago there used to be some graffiti painted on the rocks as you drove out of one of the Welsh coastal resorts.
In one hand it said "Free Wales!" and underneath, in a different hand, "with every six gallons."

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:
Unless it's all true.

God, I hope not!
quote:
...the digital prostate exam is how the C.I.A. inserts G.P.S. chips into Patriots to monitor their movements...

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you putting me on? Keillor is a humorist.
Yep. I knew that. I read his columns and listen to his show on NPR. However, he, and other humorists, often have excellent, informative discussions. I figured it was all a joke, but I did do a double take.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to think of a silly movement that could take on the Tea Baggers, and I think the Free Timers may be it!

Gotta love that Bob Glenn show!

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post