Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    a guest wordcrafter of the week?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a guest wordcrafter of the week? Login/Join

Picture of wordcrafter
posted

Question:
museamuse, writing from Greece, notes that "we have so many .. Greek words in the English language." She's a "translator ... a bilingual Greek-American with a love of words in both languages."

Do I sense a guest word-themer for the Vocabulary Builder section. Muse, how about giving us a weeks worth of words from the Greek, or some sub-theme? Would others enjoy that from her? smile

Choices:
aye :-)
nay :-(

posted Hide Post
Thank you for your Kind invitation, wordcrafter! I will definitely try to rise to the occasion. I'm leaving on vacation in a couple of days (for some idyllic Greek isles - eat your hearts out! razz ) but I will post something before I go and look forward to your postings when I get back in two weeks.

Posts: 266 | Location: GreeceReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Wordcrafter,
Following your invitation, I tried to post a new thread in the vocabulary forum, but I got a message saying I do not have the right to start a new topic. The message specified that you had to give me the right. Think you can click some buttons so I can get this out before I leave on vacation?

Ta

Posts: 266 | Location: GreeceReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahhhhh...Muse.....I just got on myself, and I see that Wordcrafter gave you your own thread over in vocabulary to start! I look forward to learning about Greek words! smile