Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheeple Alert Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
As some of you know, I've sworn off FB for awhile because of all the election rhetoric. So - I have been much more active on Twitter. I am fairly unknown there so I have been quite political, without worrying about my kids telling me to delete my posts or my other friends being surprised at my audacity. I don't have many "fans" there, but I enjoy it.

However, as the political climate gets more heated, more and more are reading my posts. The other day a reporter friend posted on Twitter: "Trump has squandered the natural respect afforded his office and now must earn it back, in part by showing it to others, incl. journalists" I responded that I totally agree, as do most Americans. Someone responded to me, "Sheeple Alert!" I had to look up "sheeple," which means, according to Oxford Dictionaries on Onelook, "People compared to sheep in being docile, foolish, or easily led."
I read about Sheeple memes and Sheeple Alert memes.

Have you heard of it? Used it?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sheeple? As he's being fleeced he calls YOU a sheep?

A restaurant in Muncie, Indiana is having a Russian menu tonight as an inaugural "celebration" of T. Rump's friendship with Putain. It seems not everyone in this extremely "red" state takes T. Rump seriously!

Posts: 6169 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Sheeple" is used a lot by conspiracy theorists to describe all the people who are unaware of the conspiracy. It is used so much so that it has become a joke. When someone uses the word I'm not always sure if they are a conspiracy theorist or someone making fun of conspiracy theorists.

http://xkcd.com/1013/

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I agree. This unwanted "fan" was making fun of my post. I am so sad that our country is so very divided right now.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Divided? You are united as never before. Never in the history of the USA have so many people (more than half the population) so desperately wanted to be wrong.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
What has amazed me are these women marches. Besides the half-million marchers in Washington DC, we had 250,000 women in Chicago; there were 750,000 in LA; a friend said there were marchers in Nova Scotia (she lives there); etc. My favorite though was that there were 10,000 in Helena, Montana, where it was 20 degrees and they had a foot of snow. You go, girls!

Some have asked, "What good did it do?" It has brought people together for a cause. Many of us are continuing with calling legislators, writing letters to newspapers, giving money, etc.