Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X Login/Join

posted
I know this is dumb but Id like to no whats the fasination with X? Theres Xfinity and it makes no sense. Theres lots of cars with X in their name.

BTW I know my spelling and grammer suck so if someone wants to corect me do it. Like this message had a bunch of mistakes underlined but it dont tell me how to fix them.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
I found one link to a 2010 article noting the jokes and criticisms about Comcast's new name Xfinity when they changed it. We use comcast, & still think of the new name as strange & kind of pointless.

I had assumed when X is used in a new product, the idea is 'extra' or 'excellent', or even mutant in a superpower way (X-Men)-- but apparently (per the article) lots of people associate it with X-rated, which is not so great!

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
That is an interesting perspective about the X chromosome, Bethree!

Halal, since this is a word and language site, I am sure many here could tutor you a bit, if you'd like - maybe privately? For spelling (such as "corect" instead of "correct"), just right click the red underline, and it will come up with the correct spelling for you. For punctuation errors, such as "theres," instead of "there is," again simply right click with the red underline and it will give you some selections.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, Kalleh! Thanks.