Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    What is it called when your voice drops?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is it called when your voice drops? Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
We have talked about voices dropping at the end of a word here, and I don't know how to find that thread. If I recall, Goofy was part of that discussion. We are evaluating speakers for a video, and one speaker, whom everyone loves, has that voice drop habit, which I don't like. Does anyone remember where that might be?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
While watching PBS news tonight I paid attention to Lisa Desjardin's speech patterns. Her inflections rose where one would place a comma in writing, and dropped at the end of a sentence. She never did the fry voice; rather, she made her speaking voice match what she was saying in a logical (I thought) manner. She's not much to look at, but a delight to hear, IMO.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was the vocal fry! The funny part is that many loved it. We are creating a video and had to weigh in the voices. One woman sounded just like Kim Kardashian to me with this horrible vocal fry. But, since the decision will be made on "majority rules," I think she'll get it.

There were 2 women and 2 men we evaluated. I liked one of the men. I noticed that all the other women liked the women voices, and all the men liked the men voices. Interesting.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post