Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mucilage Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Shu and I have been visiting beautiful southern California. In Shu's mind, we've been eating a lot of "mucilage." I call it "granola" and have to laugh every time he says, "Isn't that 'mucilage' good?" Is that what you call it? Having come from Wisconsin, and a farm, "mucilage" sounds way too much like "silage" to me, which is food for cows.

Do you call that stuff that you put on yogurt "mucilage?"

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Sounds horrible.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Sounds like you're eating library paste, since mucilage is an adhesive made from gelatinous plants. Could it be a foreign cereal called Muselik (spelling may be off, since I never paid much attention to it)?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
mucilage

I have never heard granola called mucilage, and I've lived in California all my life. There is something called [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muesli]muesli[url], which, unlike granola, is not toasted and has more fruits and nuts in it. Kellog's does sell something called Mueslix. Maybe that's what you're getting or the waitrons are pronouncing it wrong. Who knows?

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
Mueslix

That's the ticket.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Maybe that's what he means! I will ask him. Clearly he was saying "mucilage" though. We were at this hotel with Greek yogurt and this great granola to mix with it. Shu kept telling me how good the mucilage was, and I thought it was another use of the word that I hadn't known. However, when I looked it up, I couldn't find it.

Maybe I can convince him to answer in this thread!Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post