Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outrage Login/Join

posted
I've noticed that most people say they're outraged about some thing or other almost constantly. When did we become such a cortisol-fueled bunch? Or is it just the "liberal media" that's outraged by all the "fake news?" Roll Eyes

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm shocked. Shocked.

Posts: 6267 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please, Sir, cease sitting on power lines. Doing so is shockingly outrageous.

Really, though, why the recent overuse of the term? It goes along with the redundant use of "brutal."

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Here is a talk about one of the world's greatest linguists.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, my. That is awful, Proof!

Many of us are remembering how much we disliked Bush and thought he was terrible with language. How I miss Bush now!

Geoff, Shu and I were talking about this tonight. Somehow, the country has become so divided and there is so much hatred toward the other side (They would rather vote in a child molester than a Democrat? Really?) - so much worse than ever before. Is it the Internet? I am just not sure.

Yet, when I went to the Portrait Museum in DC, where all the past presidents are highlighted, I found that back in the 1700s and 1800s there was a lot of that too. Maybe it's just a phase? I sure hope so. I loved when both sides came together for big bills - you just don't see that now.

And what must our international friends be thinking?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post