New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ignore this... Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
...just checking something out

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm - now you've got my curiosity...

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Nothing interesting... I just wanted to check that I was able to access the site properly as there were no new posts.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I was similarly concerned the other day. My broadband at home went down for about 18 hours and when I checked after it was restored there were no new posts. I checked from my work machine and it looked about right, although a couple of new posts had since been made.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've not posted for some time due to my living in the third-world country called rural central Indiana, USA. Back on-line, but with limited access through a mobile wi-fi device. Short of moving to civilization, I foresee no cure.

Annnnd, since my old computer died, I'm struggling to learn how to use this laptop contraption I bought to replace it.

AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Geoff, even if your access is limited. Another online friend who lives in rural America had the same problem; he was forced to use dial-up until recently and has just managed to get broadband of a sort by using a mobile Wi-Fi connection like you.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And what of Bob? Did your test post prove your connection?

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
And the beauty of laptops is that you can take them somewhere, like a Starbucks or a library or a hotel lobby, and get online free. So good to see you back!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post