Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Questions & Answers about Words    Cyberninny Strikes Again !
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cyberninny Strikes Again ! Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
Here at Harrow I find the following threads all cause problems.

The symptom is always the same.

First try
- an error in the thread so that one of the posts shows only what looks like a corrupted URL and no subsequent posts show at all.

Second try
- Cyberninny tells me I'm trying to access a page that contains a forbidden word and that should I persist my acess will be removed altogether.

Your mission for this week, should you choose to accept it, is to find out for me what these threads have in common that Cyberninny is objecting to.

Weapons of Mass destruction (first three posts show OK)

A bright

Epitaph

"Paroxysms"

"Quotations" (fails on RE's post 7th June)

"Funniest Joke" (fails on Ladybeth's 4th Apr post)

Good hunting !

Non curo ! Si metrum no habet, non est poema.

Read all about my travels around the world here.
Read even more of my travel writing and poems on my weblog.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the paroxysm post contains the word org*sm (self censored so the cyberninny won't take exception again!) so that's probably the problem there...

Still can't see what's wrong with the Bright post, except possibly the assorted words used to describe relationships between two people of the same gender (circuitous, this, isn't it? Wink)

The funniest joke post in question contains the word pen*s... (incidentally, apparently there's one of those spam emails out there with a typo in it - it offers pills to make your pens 3 inches longer!)

Ros

Posts: 185 | Location: London, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
it offers pills to make
your pens 3 inches longer!)

Oh, an appended appendage. Frown

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I have a contact in Denmark who collects corporate ballpoint pens (he now has many thousand).

I wonder if this product would be useful to him?

Seriously, though, I just wonder what it is that passes for a brain in the cyberninny's head. Who are they trying to oprevent from seeing words like pen*s when just about every child of over 10 knows not only what one is, but also what it looks like and what it does? (Probably better, infact, than those of us who are in our dotage and whose memory is failing...!)

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Bob? I take it that "Harrow" is your place of employment and you look at Wordcraft from there? Can you just avoid those threads at work and look at them from home? The jokes thread is full of words that cyberninny would find objectionable, I'm sure. It really isn't the funniest jokes anymore, just the dirty jokes we find we can slide past Sarah and Wordcrafter Wink!

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...the dirty jokes we find we can slide past Sarah and Wordcrafter Wink !

AHEM. Bob, I adjusted LadyBeth's post for you in the jokes thread and adjusted a couple others you mention specifically above. If anyone finds another specific post that needs to be adjusted, please send me a Private Topic or mention it in this thread. I will monitor both.

(Aside to Morgan...CUTE!)

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
Hey, Bob? I take it that "Harrow" is your place of employment and you look at Wordcraft from there? Can you just avoid those threads at work and look at them from home? The jokes thread is full of words that cyberninny would find objectionable, I'm sure. It really isn't the funniest jokes anymore, just the dirty jokes we find we can slide past Sarah and Wordcrafter Wink!

Harrow is a well known English public school. I'm living and working there for five weeks so I have no accss to any computer other than the ones with this software installed.

Non curo ! Si metrum no habet, non est poema.

Read all about my travels around the world here.
Read even more of my travel writing and poems on my weblog.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
So it really IS a Harrowing experience?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordcrafter
posted Hide Post
Trying to slip a dirty joke past wordcrafter is like trying to slip daylight past a rooster.