New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today's Word Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
The Atlantic magazine says this:

kakistocracy (English pronunciation: /kækɪsˈtɑkɹəsi/) is a system of government which is run by the worst, least qualified, or most unscrupulous citizens. ... It was also used by English author Thomas Love Peacock in 1829, but gained significant usage in the 21st century.

I agree. But I'm not happy.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't we discuss this about a year ago?

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Probably, and I imagine we'll keep discussing it until you-know-who is out of office.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
Probably, and I imagine we'll keep discussing it until you-know-who is out of office.

Be careful what you wish for.

(For example if we get rid of Teresa May we have both Mad Boris Johnson and sane but monstrous Jacob Rees Mogg waiting in the wings).

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we get rid of T. Rump we get a religious zealot who can and will get the right-wing agenda pushed through congress.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I used to think that way. But - at least Pence is sane. Honestly, if Donald gets mad at N. Korea, I wouldn't trust him not to authorize a nuclear war. I've decided, if I have to live with conservative Pence, or whomever, for 8 years, so be it. Donald is just plain crazy.

<Proofreader>
posted
The UK seems to have really gone overboard about hate speech if this story is an indication. But it seems more about those in power trying to intimidate.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
The whole world seems to be going crazy.

posted Hide Post
I saw Tom Friedman on TV this morning. He commented that people like T. Rump and Boring Johnson "...don't have a second paragraph." They spout slogans but haven't given thought to what happens post-change. We are now consumers of sound bites, not thinkers. Eric Arthur Blair, are you happy now?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
He is a piece of work.