Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"celebutante" Login/Join

Picture of shufitz
posted
Heard this one? (from the local paper, two days ago)
    The circus that follows Paris Hilton almost everywhere was out in full force Friday at Superior Court here, with hangers-on toting signs and dancing jigs before the judge's ruling to return her to jail reduced most to stunned silence. "Oh no," "Melrose" Larry Green muttered softly, shaking his head at the news that the celebutante was heading back to the slammer for violating her probation on a reckless driving conviction.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has been used fairly recently to describe rich popular heiresses who are celebrities. Pretty much only describes Paris and Nicki Hilton, Nicole Richie, and one or two others.

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't care about Paris, but the term "celebutante" makes me wonder about a private term of mine.

Does someone who practices disengenuity get referred to as a "disengenue" ?

Bob

Posts: 56 | Location: Santa Clara County, CAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
À mon avis, "celebutant/e" would be the perfect word to describe these "disingenues" (thank you BobKberg Big Grin harhar) whose parents enter them in pageants or ply them with lessons then line them up at "American Idol", with nothing other in their vapid heads but to find a shortcut to celebrity.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Bob, you do like to develop new words, don't you? A few hours ago I was looking up pedocide. Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post