Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    The OEDILF turns 10 today!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The OEDILF turns 10 today! Login/Join

Picture of C J Strolin
posted
Just thought I would stop in to say hello and, once more, thank you to the Wordcraft site for being the springboard for OEDILF.com, the Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form.

I see in a few different spots on the Wordcraft site that things seem to be slowing down for sites of this sort, message boards somehow not being the "in" way to communicate any more. FWIW, it's the same for OEDILF. Here are some average figures:

2005 - 2007 well over 1,000 new limericks per month
2008 - 2009 750-ish
2010 - 2013 500+ per month
2014 "400 is the new 500."
April 2014 401 new limericks
May 2014 We're on track to hit 275 or so. Yikes!

Still, these things are cyclical, and I can't help but believe that all English language-based websites will survive. Given the richness of the subject at our cores, how can we miss?

Hang in there!

Posts: 1517 | Location: Illinois, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Good to see you Chris. As you know I had a burst of activity over at OEDILF last year but have disappeared again. I'll be back sometime but things are a bit hectic in my life here in China at the moment. I will be back...

Posts: 8392 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Great to see you, CJ! I am busy, busy now with work, but maybe I'll stop by this summer. I miss OEDILF from time to time.

Yes, Facebook and other sites have taken activity away from discussion boards. Richard, for example, has taken a lot of his rants to Facebook. I follow him and his Facebook discussions are about beer or how Edison didn't invent the light bulb or how the U.S. is going down the tubes. etc., etc. Some things never change. Wink

We still have fun here, but activity is down here too. BTW, we turn 12 on July 13th. Not bad!

Posts: 24123 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post