Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    Poor U.S. East Coast
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poor U.S. East Coast Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Last week it was an earthquake. This week it's a hurricane...all the way north into New England! The poor East Coast. We hope things will calm down soon.

There was a rather funny situation related to the 5.9 rated earthquake. Here is an article of the West Coast teasing the East Coast.

Posts: 24713 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Power just came back 1PM after being off since the tree hit the house. Luckily its fall was broken by my wife standing under it. No, not really. Took off our dormer, took down a second even larger tree which split in two and hit my garage, took down our fence, then hit the neighbor's garage. That was one trunk section. The other hit a tree on the other side of my garage and that landed on my other neighbor's garage roof. The second tree also smothered my wife's Toyota in a green cocoon, but didn't touch the car, except for minor scratches.

My wife got a large picture with the downed tree in the Providence Journal, but I got an on the air interview on WJAR-TV news at noon.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got an on the air interview on WJAR-TV news at noon.

Ooh! It's an ill wind. Wink

Posts: 153 | Location: Merrie Olde EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Proof. I
hope your insurance picks it all up! Usually if
it's wind, they pay; if water falls down, they pay, but if it comes up from below, you're sunk.

PS: Where's the link to the interview?

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6005 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
It's in their archive somewhere. If I find it, I'll link it. I haven't seen it yet either.

Took a bit but here it is.Link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Proofreader>,

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, you are very cute, proof. Wink

So sorry about the damage.

<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
Oh, you are very cute, proof.

Yes. Yes, I am.

posted Hide Post
Mario Hilario??? He ought to be a standup comedian with a name like that.

Well, Proof, now you have plenty of firewood!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6005 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yes, Mario Hilario is hilarious!

I was trying to remember a really funny one I'd heard the other day and went online to see if it would jar my memory. It didn't, but I found this list from one of my favorite radio shows, "Car Talk."