Wordcraft Community Home Page
Toilet paper orientation

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/332607094/m/2860077166

March 20, 2013, 07:12
arnie
Toilet paper orientation
Is this for real? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper_orientation

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
March 20, 2013, 07:54
<Proofreader>
If you have a cat, then you may have learned why TP should not be oriented in such a way that a cat clawing at it could pull the entire roll off the reel.

Don't believe me?
March 20, 2013, 13:37
zmježd
You'd be surprised, Arnie, but I have heard some mighty passionate and mostly irrational arguments from both sides. (The thing I was most amazed at the first time I visited the UK in the mid-'70s was the "hygienic" TP that was basically like wax paper.)

Ceci n'est pas un seing.
March 20, 2013, 15:18
Geoff
I've heard that kind of TP referred to as "John Wayne" paper: It don't take no s**t off nobody!

Why do we call it toilet paper? Hygenic paper I understand, but toilet? Seems awfully euphamistic.

Geoff, thinking of buying my spouse's cat a bidet. Wink

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti
March 20, 2013, 15:58
<Proofreader>
quote:
Geoff, thinking of buying my spouse's cat a bidet.

Train your cat better.
March 20, 2013, 21:01
Kalleh
quote:
If you have a cat, then you may have learned why TP should not be oriented in such a way that a cat clawing at it could pull the entire roll off the reel.
We have a cat and a dog and we'd not think of under.

Z is right about the passion, and I, too, remember hearing that it was the most controversial subject in Ann Landers' column.

Of course, I can't imagine anyone hanging it under, unless of course you can guarantee that your wall is sterile. Think of a McDonald's restaurant or an airport...really, you'd use toilet paper that has been in contact with the wall there? Ugh!