Wordcraft Community Home Page
I did it again!

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/332607094/m/7730025636

October 25, 2011, 22:08
Kalleh
I did it again!
My literalism does get me into some interesting situations! Just today I was ordering a salad for lunch and saw this sign: "Salad with Soup - $1.50 additional" You're all going to think I am a fool, as my son did, but I immediately thought, "Soup in the salad? That's ridiculous!" My son thought I was just pretending I was that stupid, but I wasn't. Of course, very quickly I realized the meaning, but it was that split-second that was funny! Big Grin
October 26, 2011, 07:32
<Proofreader>
Like the old man whose friends sdent a prostitute over as a birthday gift. She said, when he answered the door, "I'm here for super sex."
He thought about it and said, "I'll take the soup."
October 26, 2011, 20:44
Kalleh
That could have been I! Big Grin
October 27, 2011, 07:58
arnie
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:

Which, the old man or the prostitute? Wink Big Grin

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
October 27, 2011, 09:25
goofy
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:

Surely you mean "That could have been me!"
October 27, 2011, 13:21
<Proofreader>
My wife worked on the second floor of the zoo administration office as the Zoo Society's bookkeeper. One snowy day I had volunteered to take over for the zoo receptionist on the first floor while the regular receptionist took a day off.

That morning a well-dressed man came in and said, "I would like to speak to Brenda." I had just talked to zookeeper Brenda about five minutes earlier, so I told him she was in one of the buildings halfway across the zoo. He went out into the storm, returning snow-covered about fifteen minutes later saying, "I meant the 'Brenda' who works for the Zoo Society."
I sent him upstairs, not mentioning that that particular Brenda was my wife, whose name didn't occur to me.
October 27, 2011, 21:03
Kalleh
quote:
Surely you mean "That could have been me!"
Nope. I read Strunk and White, you know. Wink

Funny, Proof!