Another cracking headline from my old local paper

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/332607094/m/8110028096

April 11, 2018, 06:32
BobHale
Another cracking headline from my old local paper
"Road Name Will Not be Changed After No Petition Received"

Seems a bit of a non-story to me. Big Grin

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
April 11, 2018, 11:43
Geoff
If it were Fox News:

OUTRAGE OVER ROAD NAME CHANGE

Citizens were up in arms over over-reaching government attempt to rename local road. The local board of trustees, in a leftist-inspired attempt to change Jones Road's name to Jones lane, allegedly because it is in keeping with its being less than five yards wide and paved with squirrel droppings, conceded that the patriotic citizens of Jones Road had NOT petitioned to have the name changed, and the conservative thing to do was to leave it as-is. The several squirrels interviewed all agreed that the name change would be detrimental to their self-esteem.
April 11, 2018, 15:19
<Proofreader>
TRUMP OUTRAGED OVER NO ROAD NAME CHANGE
President Trump tweeted it was "disgraceful" that the name of a road was left intact thanks to an "outrageous" Obama program requiring all name changes be properly debated. The president threatened to send troops to secure all signage, which he claims was used to direct illegal aliens to assembly points. The prez further requested a barrier be constructed to prevent crossing of this vital thoroughfare (which Mexico, or Honduras, or Haiti, or Puerto Rico -- one of those shithole countries -- would pay for. He promised it would be "a great wall." and "a beautiful wall" which would be both alien- and squirrel-proof. Construction would be under the control of his son-in-law Jared and wall decorations under daughter Ivanka, assuming Mueller let's them out of prison.
April 11, 2018, 17:47
BobHale
Well that went in a different direction than I expected. Smile
Much like the road. (Which incidentally a couple of people did want changed but apparently couldn't get signatures on their petition so didn't send it. The road is called Bell End.)

April 11, 2018, 21:05
sattva
LOL You guys are a hoot!
April 12, 2018, 05:10
Geoff
quote:
Originally posted by sattva:
LOL You guys are a hoot!
No, no, Sattva, no owls were directly involved! Since they eat squirrels, their only concern is that traffic be slow enough to keep squirrels from being run over.
April 12, 2018, 19:33
Kalleh
A hoot, indeed, Sattva. They should be comedians!

As for your original post, Bob, yes, clearly it was a slow day in the media. Wink
June 01, 2018, 22:58
BobHale
Here's another good one from the same paper.

Lush remove 'insensitive' display accusing police of spying from Merry Hill shop window after criticism

Was the display removed from the shop window or were the police spying from it?

Were Lush (a cosmetics shop) criticised or were the police?

Pretty ambiguous.

June 03, 2018, 21:27
Kalleh
Yes, very ambiguous, I agree.

I do love Lush products, though.