Wordcraft Community Home Page
More jargon...

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/332607094/m/8480099566

September 09, 2013, 20:55
Kalleh
More jargon...
In an article about business practices, a communication consultant says, "The general rule I stand by is that we're rushing into way too many confrontations and we over-respond. Whether that's reading just enough of an email to realize that I should be upset or thinking that every minor slight is something I need to respond to. We get defensive, and that puts us on the path to mutually assured conversational destruction. Love that phrase! Have you heard it before?
September 10, 2013, 09:50
Geoff
I had not heard it, but it's clearly borrowing from the Cold War premise of Mutually Assured Destruction in a nuclear war. Clever, though.

It reminds me of a recent conversation with a physician in a bike shop about cycling shorts sanitation, wherein she referred to the warm, dark, moist environment of one's shorts as a pedal-powered petri dish.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti
September 10, 2013, 11:13
arnie

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
September 11, 2013, 20:18
Kalleh
That's great, arnie. So true! Big Grin